£10.85(+ holiday pay) per hour, minimum 3-hour shift.
Casual part-time opportunities have arisen within the NLA team for casual Event Waiting Staff, to support in the delivery of our year-round programme of events. Hours of work will be flexible and distributed on a monthly and weekly basis.
We are looking for individuals to join our team to assist in the delivery of our events focusing on an exceptional experience for the guests and attendees, along with supporting our team of Event Coordinators and Managers.
NLA is London’s leading independent forum for discussion, debate and information about architecture, planning, development, and construction in the capital. The core mission of NLA is to bring people together to shape a better city.
Our year-round programme of events, publications, research, awards, and exhibitions have earned us an exceptional reputation and attracts over 10,000 delegates every year, including politicians, professionals, and the public.
We are a hard-working and sociable team based in central London, with offices on Great Sutton Street, Clerkenwell, Basinghall Street, The City and Coal Drops Yard, Kings Cross, with interactive models of Central London and the City, for events and public engagement.
As an event waiting staff, you will be an exceptional team player and have a passion for delivering an outstanding guest experience. You will be an excellent and confident communicator and have the ability to interact with guests and clients to ensure a fantastic experience at any NLA event.
Main responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting all aspects of the NLA events team in the preparation and delivery of various events (corporate & social)
- Working under the direction of the NLA events team, ensuring a smooth running of our events
- Providing a warm welcome to all guests and delegates; and taking responsibility for their wellbeing
- Assisting all guests in a way that is reasonable
- Confidently taking and delivering guest orders, demonstrating a good knowledge of our current food menus and wine lists
- Maintaining the cleanliness and order of your designated area
- Being familiar with, and practising, good personal and food hygiene procedures
- Event pack down, cleaning and kitchen support
To apply, please follow the link
to our recruitment page where you can apply by sending your CV and covering letter.