Connecting London nationally and internationally
Cities the world over have been at a standstill in response to COVID-19. The long term impact of the pandemic remains unclear, however globally, we are united in this uncertainty.
Never before have we needed new ways of addressing urban issues: new forms of civic leadership; citizen-centred but technology enabled; new places that work for all; greener and heathier ways of living; new technologies and new sources of jobs; and most importantly, greater equality and access to resources.
Future-proofing our cities requires a nuanced conversation. How do we create flexible and resilient cities that can respond to any future crises and constantly changing behaviours? How do we unify our efforts in tackling climate change? How can we rebuild society to ensure those marginalised don’t continue to suffer?
We must harness this moment of greater digital connectivity for a meaningful exchange, sharing experiences that will help all of our cities navigate the uncertainty and make informed and inspired decisions that serve their citizens.
NLA’s programme of city dialogues, or low-carbon conferencing, facilitates this discussion between London and other cities, nationally and internationally.
- Provide a forum for discussion and debate where the industry can look beyond London for innovative solutions to critical urban problems and other cities can learn from London’s example
- Bring urban experts together to work beyond their locality and collaborate, creating opportunities for businesses to connect locally and internationally
- Create a socially and economically inclusive and environmentally sustainable city by informing and connecting those who shape the urban environment
PROPOSED UPCOMING ACTIVITY
- July – Milan, Shenzhen and London
- July – Manchester, Birmingham and London
- September – Boston
- October – New York
2019 – NYLON, Beyond money — how development is delivering social value in London and New York
2019 – London and Stockholm: delivering sustainable housing
2019 – London and Melbourne: what makes a ‘liveable’ city?
2019 – Shaping Better Cities, NLA International Symposium,
2019 – NYLON, Design quality and public housing
2019 – London and Chicago: Big data and the design of cities
2017 – London: Design Capital, Buildings, Places, Cities
2017 – London Design Capital
MORE ONLINE AND PUBLISHED CONTENT