These are the terms and conditions on which We make membership of NLA available to You or which apply to You becoming a subscriber to the NLA Portal on Our website (as applicable), and which also apply to Your use of the NLA Portal on Our website.
Please read these terms carefully before You join as a member or subscribe to or use the NLA Portal. These terms tell You who We are, how We will provide membership of NLA to You or how We will deal with You as a subscriber to the NLA Portal, how You and We may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
We recommend that you keep or store a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference.
Who we are and how to contact us
We are New London Architecture Limited a company registered in England and Wales (“NLA” and "We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 02924619 and have Our registered office at 16 Beaufort Court, Admirals Way Docklands, London, E14 9XL. Our VAT number is 649 938 766.
To contact Us, please email email@example.com or call 020 7636 4044.
If We have to contact You We will do so by telephone or by writing to You at the email address or postal address You provide to Us when You join as a member.
Member means a person, corporate entity or organisation which is a member of the NLA Membership;
Membership Benefits means the benefits that are available to Members according to their type of NLA Membership, as may be varied by Us from time to time, current details of which can be found here for Personal Membership and here for Business Membership;
Membership Fees means the money paid or payable to Us to become a Member according to the type of NLA Membership, as may be varied by Us from time to time, current details of which can be found here for Personal Membership and here for Business Membership;
Membership Period means the date from which You receive Your welcome email from Us in respect of NLA Membership to the date on which Your NLA Membership ends, whether it is terminated by You or by US in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
Membership Year means the twelve-month period commencing on the date on which You receive Your welcome email from Us in respect of NLA Membership and each twelve-month period commencing on the anniversary of that date;
NLA Membership means the membership scheme of New London Architecture;
Subscriber means a person, who is not a Member, but who has registered to use and has a registered login to use the NLA Portal;
Terms and Conditions means these terms and conditions as updated from time to time in accordance with their terms;
We has the meaning given to it in clause 2.1, and "Us" and "Our" shall be interpreted accordingly; and
Writing means writing and includes emails, and "written" shall be interpreted accordingly; and
You or Your means, as applicable, the person joining or who has joined up for NLA Membership or the applicable corporate entity or organisation where a person is joining or has joined up on its behalf for NLA Membership.
Our contract with You
1. Our acceptance of Your registration as a Subscriber or for NLA Membership will take place when We send You a confirmation email, at which point a contract will come into existence between You and Us. If You are joining as a Member on behalf of a corporate entity or organisation You must make sure you have the authority to do so. In such cases Our acceptance of Your joining the NLA Membership on behalf of that corporate entity or organisation will take place when We send a confirmation email to You or the email address nominated by You, at which point a contract will come into existence between Us and the corporate entity or organisation you are acting on behalf of. Please note that in this circumstance, if You stop working for that corporate entity or organisation then Our contract with them will continue, but please can You or another representative of that corporate entity or organisation get in touch to update Us. If you are a Subscriber and not a Member then clauses 5 and 6, below, do not apply to You.
2. We are not obliged to accept any application to join the NLA Membership or to continue with any NLA Membership once You have joined. If We do not accept Your registration, We will inform You of this and will not charge You for NLA Membership.
3. We are not obliged to accept any application to be a Subscriber or to continue with it once You have registered. If We do not accept Your registration, We will inform You of this.
1. We offer different types or NLA Membership and different Membership Benefits apply to those different types. There are different Membership Fees associated with the different types of NLA Membership. Applicable details can be found here for Personal Membership and here for Business Membership.
2. Once You have decided which type of NLA Membership is right for You, You can sign up for NLA Membership here.
3. Once We have sent You a welcome email after You have signed up for NLA Membership, We will provide the NLA Membership and the Membership Benefits until the end of the Membership Period.
4. We will send you a renewal reminder 60 days before the end of Your then current Membership Year. Unless You let Us know, in accordance with this clause, You do not wish for Your NLA Membership to renew it will automatically renew at the end of the then current Membership Year and a new Membership Year will begin. If you do not want Your NLA Membership to renew then You must notify Us no later than 30 days before the end of Your then current Membership Year by emailing Us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to Us at NLA Membership, New London Architecture Limited, 1 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7BX.
5. If We suspend Your NLA Membership for any reason You are not entitled to receive or make use of any of the Member Benefits during the period of any such suspension.
6. Upon the end of Your NLA Membership for any reason you will no longer be a Member and You will no longer be entitled to receive or make use of any of the Member Benefits.
7. We seek to make the Site as accessible as possible. If You have any difficulties using the Site, please contact Us on the contact details provided at clause 2.2.
8. We may prevent or suspend Your access to the NLA Portal or the whole or any other part of the Site if You do not comply with any part of these Terms, any terms or policies to which they refer or any applicable law.
Membership Fees and payment
1. The Membership Fees applicable to each type of NLA Membership are specified here for Personal Membership and here for Business Membership. We reserve the right to make changes to the Membership Fees each year.
2. We accept payment by bank transfer and by the credit and debit cards listed on Our website. You may elect to pay on an annual or monthly basis and We will store Your payment details for the purposes of taking these payments. If You elect to pay for Your NLA Membership on a monthly basis then We will automatically take the payment each month unless You tell us otherwise. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions You agree to us storing Your details for these purposes and authorise Us to take the payments of any Membership Fees including in respect of any renewals of Your NLA Membership.
3. If You do not pay Us or We do not receive the applicable Membership Fees for Your NLA Membership when You are supposed to then We may suspend or terminate Your NLA Membership without giving you further warning. If we only suspend Your NLA Membership this will be until You have paid Us the outstanding amounts. We will contact You to tell You We are suspending or terminating Your NLA Membership. As well as suspending and/or terminating Your NLA Membership We can also charge You interest on Your overdue payments (see Clause 6.4).
4. If You do not make any payment to Us by the due date we may charge interest to You on the overdue amount at the rate of 4% a year above the base lending rate of NatWest from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay Us interest together with any overdue amount.
5. To allow us to plan our resources except where expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, Your Membership Fee is non-refundable once We have received Your payment.
6. All Membership Fees and any other fees, prices or charges referred to on our website will specify whether or not they include or exclude VAT.
Rights to make changesto being a Subscriber and Your NLA Membership
1. If You wish to make a change to the type of NLA Membership that you have signed up for then please do this via the NLA Portal. If you are a Subscriber and wish to become a Member then You may also do this via the NLA Portal.
2. We may at any time change any aspect of Your NLA Membership or how we deal with you as a Subscriber to reflect any changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements or for any other reason.
Your rights to cease to be a Subscriber and to end Your NLA Membership and thiscontract
1. You can choose to end Your NLA Membership at the end of a Membership Year in accordance with Clause 4.4. You may also end Your NLA Membership and this contract by notifying Us if we have materially breached any of these Terms and Conditions. You must tell Us what breach we have committed and, if it is possible for us to remedy it, You must allow us 14 days to do so. If it is not possible for Us to remedy it or of We do not do so within that 14 day period then the contract will end immediately and We will refund You in full for any unused period of Your membership and you may be able to claim against us for compensation. To notify Us in relation to any of these circumstances, please email Us email@example.com write to Us at NLA Membership, New London Architecture Limited, 1 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7BX.
2. If You are a consumer (not a corporate entity, organisation or other business) then you can end Your NLA Membership and this contract because You have changed Your mind provided You do so in no more than 7 days after the day We send You Your confirmation email. If you cancel after we have started to provide any of the Membership Benefits to You, We are entitled to require You to pay Us for the Membership Benefits provided up until the time You tell us that You have changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what Membership Benefits have been supplied in the relevant period in comparison with the full applicable Membership Year. To notify Us of Your change of mind, please email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org, write to Us at NLA Membership, New London Architecture Limited, 1 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7BX.
3. Even if neither of clauses 8.1 or 8.2 apply, You can still end Your NLA Membership and this contract before the end of Your then current Membership Year, but You will not be entitled to any refund of any Membership Fees that You have paid. If You wish to do this then You must notify Us to let Us know via the NLA Portal and Your NLA Membership and this contract will end immediately on Our receipt of that notice.
4. If You are entitled to a refund than We will refund You the relevant amount by the method You used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the amount if we require You to pay for any Membership Benefits, as described in Clause 8.2. If You are exercising Your right to change Your mind in accordance with Clause 8.2 then Your refund will be made within 14 days of Your telling Us You have changed your mind.
5. If you are a Subscriber, you may cease to be a Subscriber and end this contract at any time. If You wish to do this then You must notify Us to let Us know via the NLA Portal. You will cease to be a Subscriber and this contract will end immediately on Our receipt of that notice.
Our rights to end You being a Subscriber or end Your NLA Membership and thiscontract
1. We may end Your NLA Membership and this contract at any time by writing to you if You do not make any payment to Us when it is due and You still do not make payment within 14 days of Us reminding You that payment is due.
3. We reserve the right in Our sole discretion to end You being a Subscriber or Your NLA Membership (as applicable) and this contract at any time by notifying You if in Our reasonable opinion You have behaved in a way which is inappropriate or considered to be harassing, causing distress or inconvenience to any other Subscriber, Member or any of Our personnel or if You bring Us or any aspect of the NLA Membership into disrepute.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by You
1. We do not exclude or limit in any way Our liability to You where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or the negligence of Our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
2. To the maximum extent permitted by law We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to these Terms and Conditions or otherwise in relation to Your contract for being a Subscriber or Member or Your use of Your NLA Membership and any Membership Benefits.
3. We will not be liable to You for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or Your contract for being a Subscriber or Member or Your use of Your NLA Membership and any Membership Benefits.
4. In particular, We will not be liable for:
1-loss of profits, sales, business, revenue, anticipated savings, business opportunity, goodwill or reputation or any business interruption; or 2-any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
5. We will not be liable for any failure or delays caused by any event outside our control.
How we may use Your personal information
1. We will only use Your personal information as set out in Our Privacy and Cookie Policies.
2. If You change Your address or any other personal details then You must notify Us by making the changes through the NLA Portal.
1. Unless stated otherwise, all intellectual property rights in all materials provided to You by Us are owned by Us or Our licensors. You may not copy, transmit, distribute, sell or commercially exploit any of these materials without Our prior written agreement.
2. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
3. You may not transfer Your rights as a Subscriber, Your NLA Membership, any Membership Benefits or any of Your rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another person unless We agree to this in advance in writing.
4. The contract for being a Subscriber or Your NLA Membership (as applicable) as set out in these Terms and Conditions is between You and Us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these Terms and Conditions.
5. Each of the sentences and clauses of these Terms and Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining sentences and clauses will remain in full force and effect.
6. If We do not insist immediately that You do anything You are required to do under these Terms and Conditions, or if We delay in taking steps against You in respect of Your breach of this contract, that will not mean that You do not have to do those things and it will not prevent Us taking steps against You at a later date.
7. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and You and We each agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.