New London Architecture (NLA) is London's centre for excellence for the built environment.
Our purpose is to make London a better place for those who live, work and visit.
We do this through a busy year-round programme of research, events, festivals, exhibitions, publications, promoting debate and discussion about the future of cities.
Our fast-growing membership spans across public and private sectors, in London, UK and internationally, and we have two central London public exhibition galleries both with giant interactive models of central London, where anyone can come to learn about future-plans for the city.
NLA is looking for a strategic Account Manager to join the Client Relationship team. This is an exceptionally varied and interesting role where you will be responsible for building and maintaining strong business relationships with both existing and new clients.
The Account Manager will be required to manage, service and grow a portfolio of NLA partners and sponsors within the Architecture Sector. The role includes a variety of key components, such as managing relationships with existing members, sponsors and clients, processing annual renewals, helping to increase the size of the membership network and growing your account through sponsorship, exhibition space and delegate sales.
The successful candidate with be responsible for achieving their own individual revenue targets, as well as supporting the team to achieve overall team targets.
You will have the opportunity to widen your knowledge and learn about all aspects of London's built environment through attending NLA and client events and regular meeting and networking with key figures within the industry.
As an Account Manager you will be the main point of contact for your clients and manage a portfolio of 40+ clients which includes some of our key accounts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Client Management - engaging with your accounts on a regular basis to strategically plan their involvement over the year across our activities and work with them to maximise member or sponsor benefits.
- Client Renewals - ensure your members and sponsors renew annually.
- Client Development - Promote opportunities for your members and sponsors to get more involved in NLA, increase their involvement across the NLA business and work with our business development team to grow your client-base.
- NLA Advocacy - attend NLA and other industry events to promote NLA and its business and support members from within the network.
Given the nature of the business the successful candidate will be required to attend both NLA and other industry events which may fall outside of core working hours.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone with a minimum 2 years experience in an account management, sales or PR role, as a combination of creative and strategic thinking is required.
You will be confident in a client-facing role as you will be dealing with people at a senior level from across a number of high- profile organisations.
Along with being strategic, you will also be commercially minded, and focused on driving the organic growth of your accounts.
Applications are welcome from individuals with an interest in any of our membership sector.
- Proven track record in an account management or sales role
- Knowledge or an interest in architecture, planning or development.
- Working with high-level stakeholders
- Using a CRM system
- Networking within a variety of event formats
- Excellent face-to-face and written communication skills
- Ambitious and target -driven with strong commercial acumen
- Ability to prioritise and juggle a varied and sometimes heavy workload
- Confident working with high degree of autonomy
- Comfortable networking and happy to attend regular industry events
NLA is proud to support flexible working in a relaxed and stimulating environment. We believe in giving our staff freedom and trust in order to bring out the best in them. You can work flexibly from our Farringdon office (with two mandatory team days a week), our City of London gallery, and from home.
Holiday 25 days per year (including Christmas closure) plus bank holidays.
The normal working week is 40 hours, Monday to Friday, with limited ad-hoc morning/evening work that can be reclaimed as TOIL.
To apply, please follow the link to our recruitment page where you can apply by sending your CV and covering letter no later than Friday 20th January.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.