Championing the professional development of young leaders
NextGen is an NLA initiative which identifies and supports young talent within the industry, and champions the professional development of the built environment’s future leaders. NextGen members are profiled in 50% of the full NLA programme, creating many opportunities to showcase new ideas and projects to the wider NLA network.
A programme of focused NextGen events connects young professionals with peers in the industry, allowing them to expand professional networks and develop skills; informal PechaKucha presentations provide a forum to profile new ideas, projects and initiatives, while mentoring events and talks with professionals offer advice and information on working in a multi-disciplinary industry.
NextGen is roughly aimed at those who are 2-5 years into their career or aged between 25-35.
- Champion the new generation of industry experts
- Connect emerging talent with established industry professionals
- Encourage excellence within the built environment industry Analyse what the future skill set of the built environment industry might look like
Proposed for 2020
- Working Group, March 2020
- MIPIM, March 2020
- LREF Evening reception, June 2020
- LREF debate, June 2020
- Mentoring, September 2020
- Working Group, October 2020
- Christmas Party, December 2020
- Mentoring, February 2020
- Christmas Party, December 2019
- Future Streets PechaKucha, December 2019
- Speed mentoring, September 2019
- Debate at London Real Estate Forum, June 2019
- London Real Estate Forum evening reception, June 2019
- Working group, April 2019
- Speed mentoring, February 2019