Casual Part-time Events and Venue Assistant
Pay: £11.95 (+ holiday pay) per hour, minimum 3-hour shift
Casual part-time opportunities have arisen within NLA for a team of Events and Venue Assistants to support all aspects of the delivery of NLA events.
We are looking for individuals to join our team and assist in coordinating the extensive events for our NLA programme and client events. The Events and Venue Assistant will work alongside our team of Event Coordinators and Managers to ensure exceptional experience for the guests and attendees. Hours of work will be flexible and distributed on a monthly and weekly basis. They will be located both within our own venue, The London Centre, and at other venues across London.
With an outgoing personality you will need to take initiative, be able to think on your feet and demonstrate good time management skills and attention to detail. An interest in London and its built environment would be a strong advantage.
Our year-round programme of events, publications, research, awards, and exhibitions have earned us an exceptional reputation and attracts over 10,000 delegates every year, including politicians, professionals, and the public. These events take place at partner venues across London, as well as at The London Centre.
The London Centre is NLA’s new home, following a move from our former venue, The City Centre. It will be a place where our members, community groups and the public can explore, learn, and celebrate London’s built environment. It will also be the base for our flagship programmes, including the London Festival of Architecture, Don’t Move, Improve! and the London Real Estate Forum.
Private hire is an essential part of NLA at The London Centre’s offer. The front of house and event team manage bookings, including coordinating catering and AV for a range of meetings, conferences, away days and receptions.
The Casual Part-time Events and Venue Assistant will support our teams with the delivery of our year-round events programme as well as private hire functions at The London Centre.
Main duties and responsibilities
As an events and venue assistant, you will be an exceptional team player and have a passion for delivering outstanding guest experience. You will be an excellent and confident communicator and have the ability to interact with guests and clients to ensure a fantastic experience at any NLA event. Support in all aspects of preparation and delivery of NLA events includes but is not restricted to:
- Supporting all aspects of the NLA events team in the preparation and delivery of various events (corporate & social)
- Front of house event support including registration, checking event set up and client liaison
- Room set-up for events, adjusting layout as requested by clients and setting up seating
- Providing a warm welcome to all guests and delegates; and taking responsibility for their wellbeing
- Assisting all guests in a way that is reasonable
- Preparing and serving refreshments and canapés to attendees. Please note that our events offer includes alcoholic beverages and teas/coffees - Maintaining the cleanliness and order of your designated area
- Being familiar with, and practising, good personal and food hygiene procedures - Event pack down, cleaning and kitchen support
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Excellent organisational skills
• Clear and effective communication skills
• Clear grasp of the English language
• Ability to take initiative and recognise tasks that need to be carried out
To apply, please follow the link to our recruitment page where you can apply by sending your CV and covering letter.
It is the policy of NLA to treat all employees, visitors, and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We are keen to know about any applicable reasonable adjustments/ access requirements you may have regarding the application and interview processes - as well as for the delivery of the role if you are successful.
Please let us know any adjustments/requirements that you might have and how we can best accommodate these. Please highlight these in your cover letter and we can send you an access document to help understand and support your needs, if your application is successful.
If you are unable to submit your application via the form, and require an alternative format please get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org who will work with you to make the process as easy as possible.