What is NLA?
New London Architecture (NLA) is London’s centre for excellence for the built environment. Our purpose is to make London a better place to live, work and visit.
We explore the built environment and bring the industry together, encouraging debate, learnings and examination of buildings and all the spaces in-between. We do this through a busy year-round programme of research, events, festivals, exhibitions, publications, promoting debate and discussion about the future of cities.
Our fast-growing membership spans across public and private sectors, in London, UK and internationally, and we have two central London public exhibition galleries both with giant interactive models of central London, where anyone can come to learn about future plans for London.
NLA is offering three-month paid internship positions, with the opportunity to support the NLA team across a wide range of tasks in delivering their busy programme of events, exhibitions, publications and project databases.
There will be a primary focus on supporting specific teams depending on the activities during the intern placement, these will include the London Festival of Architecture (LFA), Don’t Move Improve (DMI), New London Awards, The London Real Estate Forum (LREF), research papers and exhibition updates.
The role is 3-4 days a week and will require some flexibility with some early starts and late finishes around NLA events.
We operate 09:00-18:00 working day on average, with an hour for lunch. This is a paid internship at a rate of £95.60 per day.
General tasks include
- Supporting the NLA programme team in collating, updating and organising information on new architectural and development projects in London, for use across NLA exhibitions, publications, awards, magazines, online databases and the New London Model.
- Ad hoc research tasks to assist the programme team in developing events, insight study papers, and new lines of enquiry.
- Assisting the marketing team in archiving and uploading information to the NLA website.
- Assisting the events team to deliver the events programme – including preparation, front of house support and post-event analysis
- General office support
- Attending NLA events, allowing you to gain knowledge from the city’s leading professionals in architecture, planning and development
- Gaining experience working with a small team in a busy office environment
- Developing knowledge of the key players shaping London’s built environment, and the key developments and architectural projects currently being planned, built, and completed in the capital, through regular research tasks and project updates
- Developing contacts with some of the leading organisations within the built environment
- An interest in architecture, planning and design in London
- Basic computer skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Photoshop, InDesign) – experience of Mac an advantage
- Good interpersonal skills and telephone manner and excellent standard of English
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to undertake other tasks and learn new skills
- Our first intern opportunity is to start in February. We have 3 month opportunities throughout the year starting in April, July, and October.
To apply, please follow the link to our recruitment page where you can apply by sending your CV and covering letter and indicate the period of internship you are interested in.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.