Reports to - Programme Director
Salary - £24,000 plus bonus
New London Architecture (NLA) is London’s independent centre for debate, discussion and information about the future shape of the capital. Our busy year-round programme of events, exhibitions, publications and research addresses the key issues affecting the city’s built environment and drives the debate about its future. We provide a platform for our broad network of professionals, politicians and the public to meet, share knowledge and shape a better city. We’re London’s greatest advocates, sharing our passion and knowledge about the capital. Our fast-growing membership of over 500 organisations spans both the public and private sector, including architects and designers, developers, engineers, planners, agents, public sector bodies and product manufacturers. We are based in The Building Centre, WC1, where our giant interactive model of central London is free to visit six days a week.
NLA is looking for a programme coordinator to provide a critical level of support to the Programme team across a wide range of tasks in delivering the busy programme of exhibitions, research, events and publications. This role will have a primary focus on the collation, editing and display of projects for our research projects and Awards programme, as well as the curation and delivery of events.
You will be involved in key meetings with sponsors and partners; programme curation; the management of speaker invitations and communications; drafting of marketing content for online and printed communications; and communicating progress internally in a timely and concise way.
• Supporting the NLA Programme team in collating, updating and organising information on new architectural and development projects in London, for use across NLA exhibitions, publications, awards, magazines, online databases and the New London Model.
• Supporting curators by inviting speakers and contributors to events across the NLA programme
• Ad hoc research tasks to assist programme curators in developing events, research papers, and new lines of enquiry.
• Assisting the marketing team in archiving and uploading information to the NLA website.
• Assisting the events team to deliver the events programme – including preparation, front of house support and post-event analysis
• General office support, including filing, post, office recycling, and answering telephones
What we are looking for
You will be a self-starter with an interest in the key issues influencing London’s development and investment industries, as well as in London and its built environment more generally. You will share our team’s core values by always being informed, rigorous, collaborative and responsive in everything you do.
• An interest in architecture, planning and design in London
• Basic computer skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Photoshop, InDesign) – experience of Mac an advantage
• Good interpersonal skills and telephone manner and excellent standard of English
• Enthusiasm and a willingness to undertake other tasks and learn new skills
• Precision, great attention to detail and exceptional communication and time management skills.
• A good knowledge and interest in architecture, planning and design in London
Many of NLA’s events are hosted in the early mornings or into the evenings, so the ability to be flexible around early starts and late finishes is essential.
Holidays are uncapped. Your normal working week is 40 hours, Monday to Friday.To Apply:
please follow this link
to our website, this will link to the recruitment page where you can apply sending your CV and a covering letter by Friday 13th December.