London: Design Capital - Deadline Friday 14 May
Istanbul Airport by Grimshaw-led team
Nanjing New Town by Broadway Malyan
One Vanderbilt by Kohn Pedersen Fox
As part of London: Design Capital, NLA is inviting submissions of international projects, masterplans and strategies, delivered by London-based teams around the world, in order to illustrate the global reach of London’s built environment businesses.
London: Design Capital was first published in 2017 following the UK’s vote to leave the European Union. Four years on and six months from the UK’s departure from the EU and over a year into the pandemic, we’re revisiting the research, industry survey and project showcase to again emphasise London’s position as a global design hub.
From masterplans to individual projects, either built or in design, the showcase will celebrate the capital’s exceptional design, engineering, urban planning and consultancy skills; highlight the new skills and technologies being developed for global markets; and examine the value and future for London’s built environment industries in a post-Brexit world.
We are looking for international projects that are in design or completed. To be eligible they must have received planning permission since the Brexit referendum in 2016.
Selected submissions will be illustrated as part of the Project Showcase in the digital publication launching in July 2021.
Submissions are ONLY charged if selected for inclusion as part of the report
If your company is a member, be sure you are attached to the company team to make use of the Business Member discount, see how here.
A brief overview of the submission and key image, for a half page section in the report and listed in connection to the research in our permanent online directory.
Partner members – Free
Standard business members – £249+VAT
Full price (non-members) – £295+VAT
Case Study Submissions
A full-page in the report allowing for a full description of the submission, additional information in relation to innovative workplace design strategies, supporting quote, alongside additional imagery, and listed in connection to the research in our permanent online directory
City Dialogues Programme Champions – 2 free case studies
City Dialogues Programme Supporters – 1 free case study
Other Programme Champions – £1,215+VAT
Partner members – £1,350+VAT
Standard business members – £1,575+VAT
Full price (non-members) – £1,750+VAT
HOW TO ENTER
Enter using the online forms:
— Projects submissions
— Case Study Submissions
1 – If your company is a member, be sure you are attached to the company team to make use of the Business Member discount, see how here.
2 – List your project
As part of our new online project directory, the first step is to list the basic information of your project. This can then be automatically applied for all future submissions.
3 – Submit research relevant information
Using your listed project, supply additional information as required for this study. Fields include additional description and a selection of images.
1. All submitter companies should be based, or have a presence, within Greater London
2. Submitted projects and strategies should be located outside the UK
3. Projects may have been delivered in collaboration with other offices around the world, though the submission should demonstrate significant involvement or input from the London team
4. Projects should have received planning permission since 2016 and can be in design, planning or construction phases, as well as completed.
5. Submitters must secure appropriate permissions from the client prior to submission
6. There is no limit to the number of submissions from any one organisation; however the submitter is encouraged to consult with other team members to avoid duplicate submissions. Entrants can submit project(s) or a company profile or both
7. Entrants agree that NLA are granted non-exclusive reproduction rights to all successful submissions for NLA’s advertising, promotion, exhibition, print publication and internet purposes directly related to the programme. Entrants must have permission from the photographer for the reproduction of all imagery for use relating to these purposes
8. Within six weeks of the closing date, NLA will confirm whether your project submission has been selected for inclusion in the exhibition and publication. On confirmation that your project has been selected, NLA will invite you to make the payments, which can be made by credit card or invoice, issued to Pipers Projects Ltd. Payment terms are strictly 14 days from invoice date.