New London Architecture (NLA) - Bringing people together to shape a better city
NLA is an independent, research-led membership organisation. Our purpose is to improve the quality of people’s lives by making London a better place to live, work and visit. Our mission is to engage the broadest possible audience across government, business & the public to educate, challenge, connect and effect positive change. Our vision is to become the world’s leading centre of excellence for the built environment.
Our activities are broad-ranging and include research, publications, events, exhibitions, tours, learning programmes, websites & social media platforms, awards & competitions, the world’s largest architecture festival and public galleries that feature large interactive scale models of London.
Our culture is led by our core values which guide our approach to our work as individuals and as teams - as well as underpinning how we recruit, appraise and develop every single person in our business.
Informed - Knowledge and understanding are central to everything we do. We know our business and our audience and we have occupied a central position within London’s built environment for many years. By listening and seeking to understand we continually build on our knowledge – allowing us to innovate, stay relevant and make an impact.
Rigorous - We love what we do, take pride in our work and continually strive for excellence. We are doers and creators – we act, make things happen, deliver and never cut corners. We take a long-term view and take the same care with our people as we do with our work and everyone we work with.
Collaborative - By collaborating we create our best work – be that with each other, clients or partners - and are always open to new ideas, ways of working and partnerships. We build relationships that last through always being transparent and fair.
Responsive - We have a culture of learning and development that build teams of people who push boundaries and continually challenge how we can improve. We are creative and entrepreneurial and if what exists is not good enough, we address it.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for an experienced and accomplished Production Manager to join our expanding Production Team. Working closely with all teams across NLA, the Production Team helps to deliver the London Stand at MIPIM, the London Real Estate Forum (LREF), as well as supporting bespoke client events and our own exhibitions at The Building Centre and The City Centre.
- Ensure smooth running and project management of events, working closely with the Production Director to create an enjoyable experience for clients and visitors alike.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in the business to ensure the team is fulfilling event needs in a strategic manner, educating stakeholders, managing expectations and ensuring the team’s expertise are utilised where required.
- Manage and supervise the operational workflow of all event activity and ensure all events are adequately resourced.
- Manage the recruitment process of freelancers (where additional resources are required) to utilise throughout the year on different event projects. You'll also be involved in the induction and training of new starters.
- Lead, motivate, develop and manage performance of freelancers, building a high calibre team with the skills and capabilities needed to deliver required results in the build-up to and during the events.
- Manage all team operational systems, ensuring robust processes are in place and best practice is maintained including use of event templates, consistency in reporting, conscientious budget tracking and stringent RAMS and H&S checks where applicable.
- Provide support to Production Director for large procurement activity, assisting with procurement duties, writing RFPs and assisting in selection process. Also lead on relevant procurement items, contractual negotiations and evaluations associated with operations or events.
- Manage select number of suppliers (includes and not limited to venue and build companies).
Are you the right candidate?
We seek passionate and engaging individuals with a penchant for events management and build production. An ability to demonstrate a keen interest in built environment will be a distinct advantage.
As an expert in the event world, you'll bring knowledge of the event industry and supplier experience, and particular awareness of ethical practice and sourcing. An experienced people manager and team player, you'll thrive in leading the team strategy to continually deliver captivating events time after time, ensuring you bring the brand to life. This will also be the essence of your interaction with our clients and ensuring we offer excellent service to all the stakeholders we work with. To achieve this, you will need a great verbal and written communication skills.
You naturally demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with astute self-awareness, which supports your collaborative leadership style. With extensive team management experience, you’ll have a distinct passion to coach and mentor freelancers and any junior team members to achieve business objectives.
You recognise the value in continually forging relationships with stakeholders at all levels, ensuring effective yet empathetic challenge resolution. Accomplished in producing complex events with multiple stakeholders, your understanding of AV requirements for events and ability to write technical briefs is exemplary.
Ultimately, you support the team in achieving the best standards aligned to each and every event budget and brief.
As we have different pressure points before each event, it is imperative that you possess an acute ability to prioritise, multitask, and work within strict timelines and deadline.
You will need to demonstrate that high attention to detail and accuracy is as important to you as it is to us. The role requires you to be resourceful with a positive and proactive can-do attitude and teamworking is paramount.
Technical Skills Requirements (not exhaustive):
· Registration systems: Eventbrite, LiveBuzz
· CRM system: Salesforce, Infusionsoft, Hubspot, or similar
· Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
· G-Suite: Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Sites
· Cloud Storage: Dropbox
Holiday 25 days ( including Christmas closure) plus bank holidays.
To apply, please follow the link to our website
, this will link to the recruitment page where you can apply sending your CV and a covering letter by Friday 13th December.
Early applications are encouraged as we are keen to secure interviews, and select a successful candidate before the end of the year
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.