Once London’s gateway to the world, today this vast area in the London Borough of Newham is one of the UK’s most important regeneration stories. With a total investment in the area likely to reach £8 billion over the next 20 years, the Royal Docks are re-emerging as a commercial and cultural hub of global significance.
The NLA Royal Docks Programme works across the public and private sector to engage wide-reaching audiences with this exciting area of regeneration. It will deliver a broad range of activities including breakfast talks, evening lectures, pecha kuchas and half-day conferences. Events will focus on topics such as waterside redevelopments, transport, infrastructure, culture, community wealth building, economy, innovation, public realm, sustainability and net-zero.
The Royal Docks Story exhibition in The Crystal and the associated programme is managed by New London Architecture on behalf of the Royal Docks Team, a multi-disciplinary team that brings together officers from across the Greater London Authority, the London Borough of Newham and the London Economic Action Partnership.
- Waterside redevelopments
- Transport & Infrastructure
- Culture & Community Wealth Building
- Industry, Innovation & Economy
- Public Realm & Open Space
- Sustainability & Net Zero
PROPOSED UPCOMING ACTIVITY
- Public Realm briefing, March 2020
- Waterside regeneration city dialogue, August 2020
- On Location half-day conference, November 2020
- Changing places — Working with the community breakfast talk, January 2020
- Innovation in the Royal Docks pecha kucha, November 2019
- NLA Night at the English National Ballet, November 2019
- The Royal Docks Story, November 2019
- Homes for Londoners, October 2019